The need for an automated dry storage system to be connected to material management software.
Following thorough market evaluation Totech Dry Tower was finally selected as the system of choice on account of Totech’s vast automated dry storage experience, especially in the implementation of interfaces to higher-level systems. The Project was implemented in November 2019.
A Collins Aerospace company with more than one hundred employees, HS Elektronik Systeme is an electronics technology specialist with over thirty years of experience in the aerospace industry.
Located in Nördlingen, Germany, HS has become a world market leader. Its products currently include Solid State Power Modules (SSPC) and Remote Power Distribution Units (RPDU). SSPCs are programmable, maintenance-free, pluggable modules for electrical power distribution. They are used in various areas of an aircraft to save space and cover DC or AC applications together with digital and analog inputs for discrete data acquisition and processing. RPDUs contain multiple SSPCs and can be deployed remotely at individual points on the aircraft.²
At the Nördlingen site, a competitor’s automated system had already been in use for several years. When the warehouse was to be connected to a material management software, an evaluation process of other systems available on the market began. Dry Tower was finally selected as the system of choice on account of Totech’s vast automated dry storage experience, especially in the implementation of interfaces to higher-level systems.
The following aspects were significant in the selection of the Dry Tower storage system:
Proven track record with several existing installations with an interface to the Material Manager
Experience of completed projects with a height of over 4m
Fully automatic, gentle re-drying of components, at elevated temperature and low humidity
- Removal in production directly at set-up stations and at the production line
- Capacity: 6,410 reels in 7″, 10″, 13″ and 15″ and 100 tray stacks.
- Footprint: 12 sqm
- Active re-drying at 60°C and <1%rh
- Storage directly at Goods Receipt
Dry Tower Twin, height 4.6m
- Space-saving storage
- Fast access times
- Simple reconfiguration of the drawer layouts
- Convenient access for maintenance purposes
Single reel output, according to job sequence
- Retrieval in set-up sequence
- Connection of several input and output stations
- Connection of individual storage modules to a complete system
Storage via trolley, including ‘No Good Read’ rejection
- Ergonomic loading/unloading height provided by battery-operated base plate
- Fully flexible
- Space for up to 60 reels
MSL Reset zone
- Fully automatic re-drying of expired MSL components
- Automatic stock placement and transport within the storage system
- Gentle re-drying at 60° and <1%rh
- Size could be defined